Nantymwyn Lead Mine Nantymwyn Terrace
Nantymwyn Terrace originally called Wyrddol. (green meadow) This row of 6 houses was built in 1891 and are constructed of solid concrete walls which contains stone waste from the mine. It is understood that the miners occupying these houses had to agree to work on Sundays. Their job was to enter the mine through the entrance at the Dry and keep the water pumps working. The houses were built in a close proximity to the mine so that they would not be seen travelling to the mine. The proximity of the church must have caused difficulties.